The Gatehouse Lodges
We are pleased to offer two exceptional self-catering holiday properties which form part of Picton Castle Estate & Gardens in Pembrokeshire.
- Perfect for couples, small families, wedding guests, and visiting artists. Open throughout the year
- Delicious take-home meals from Maria’s Restaurant and Deli (as available).
- Visitors staying at the Lodge benefit from temporary garden passes which give free access to the award winning gardens throughout the period of their stay and a free guided tour of the Castle. Visitors also benefit from “after hours” access to the beautiful grounds.
“Another fab break. A really sweet lodge in a lovely setting. Recommendations – a peaceful evening stroll in the beautiful grounds; an excellent lunch at Maria’s cafe in the Courtyard; a fascinating castle tour (and it’s free!)” Guest, July 2015
“We have stayed at this lovely lodge several times, with our dog and baby. Though compact, it’s quirky and comfortable. What really makes it delightful though, and the reason we’ve returned, is the access to Picton Castle Gardens after they have closed to the public. The walled garden is stunning and sitting on the grass on a summer’s evening, sipping a ginger beer, can’t be beaten, plus we were lucky that the resident robin joined us each afternoon, much to the delight of my toddler son! The play area for children is also great, and the rest of the grounds are beautiful. We will be back!” Guest, August 2015
Adjacent to the grand main gateway, these 19th Century castle- style lodges (grade 2 listed) have been renovated to the latest standards whilst retaining their historic appearance. West Lodge is ideal for small families or couples with friends. East Lodge is a perfect romantic retreat for couples. Both lodges can be taken together by larger groups. For example….. Mother, Father and the children in West Lodge, Grandparents in the peace and quiet of East Lodge!
Two bedrooms, sleeps 4 (plus cot).
The accommodation comprises:
- Main entrance, leading to kitchen with electric oven / hob, microwave, fridge (with freezer box) dining table and chairs.
- Living room with arm chairs and sofa, T.v /dvd /cd player
- Bedroom 1: king size (5ft) bed. Space for cot if requested.
- Bedroom 2: (west Lodge) 2 single (3ft) beds
- Bathroom: bath with shower- over-bath.
- Lobby with storage /coat hanging space, leading to rear door.
- Exterior. The Lodge’s front door faces the woodland drive to the castle. A paved terrace with picnic furniture surrounded by trees is at the rear. There is parking for up to two cars.
One bedroom, sleeps 2 (plus cot) + 1 child using a folding bed in the living room.
Accommodation as described above for West Lodge, except ONE bedroom with double (king-size) bed and with space for a baby’s cot. A single size futon folding bed is provided in the living room to sleep one child. This property benefits from a log fire and large garden to the rear.
Both properties: full central heating. Bedding and towels are provided (beds made ready) There are NO extra charges for the accommodation . A cot and a high chair can be provided if requested in advance. Well behaved dogs accepted by prior arrangement for a small supplement. Dog conditions available on request.