The Gatehouse Lodges
We are pleased to offer two exceptional self-catering holiday properties which form part of the Picton Castle Estate
“one of the most enchanting places I have ever stayed (and I’ve stayed in quite a few), compact accommodation with the most a m a z i n g garden – the acreage that is Picton after it closes! will definitely be booking there again” Guest, East Lodge, May 2016
- Perfect for couples, small families, wedding guests, and visiting artists. Open throughout the year
- Delicious take-home meals from Maria’s Restaurant and Deli (as available).
- Visitors staying at the Lodge benefit from temporary garden passes which give free access to the award winning gardens throughout the period of their stay and a free guided tour of the Castle. Visitors also benefit from “after hours” access to the beautiful grounds.
“Another fab break. A really sweet lodge in a lovely setting. Recommendations – a peaceful evening stroll in the beautiful grounds; an excellent lunch at Maria’s cafe in the Courtyard; a fascinating castle tour (and it’s free!)” Guest, July 2015
“We have stayed at this lovely lodge several times, with our dog and baby. Though compact, it’s quirky and comfortable. What really makes it delightful though, and the reason we’ve returned, is the access to Picton Castle Gardens after they have closed to the public. The walled garden is stunning and sitting on the grass on a summer’s evening, sipping a ginger beer, can’t be beaten, plus we were lucky that the resident robin joined us each afternoon, much to the delight of my toddler son! The play area for children is also great, and the rest of the grounds are beautiful. We will be back!” Guest, August 2015
Adjacent to the grand main gateway, these 19th Century castle- style lodges (grade 2 listed) have been renovated to the latest standards whilst retaining their historic appearance. West Lodge is ideal for small families or couples with friends. East Lodge is a perfect romantic retreat for couples. Both lodges can be taken together by larger groups. For example, mum, dad and the children in West Lodge, grandparents in the peace and quiet of East Lodge!
Two bedrooms, sleeps 4 (plus cot).
The accommodation comprises:
- Main entrance, leading to kitchen with electric oven / hob, microwave, fridge (with freezer box) dining table and chairs.
- Living room with arm chairs and sofa, T.v /dvd /cd player
- Bedroom 1: king size (5ft) bed. Space for cot if requested.
- Bedroom 2: (west Lodge) 2 single (3ft) beds
- Bathroom: bath with shower- over-bath.
- Lobby with storage /coat hanging space, leading to rear door.
- Exterior. The Lodge’s front door faces the woodland drive to the castle. A paved terrace with picnic furniture surrounded by trees is at the rear. There is parking for up to two cars.
One bedroom, sleeps 2 (plus cot) + 1 child using a folding bed in the living room.
Accommodation as described above for West Lodge, except ONE bedroom with double (king-size) bed and with space for a baby’s cot. A single size futon folding bed is provided in the living room to sleep one child. This property benefits from a log fire and large garden to the rear.
Both properties: full central heating. Bedding and towels are provided (beds made ready) There are NO extra charges for the accommodation . A cot and a high chair can be provided if requested in advance. Well behaved dogs accepted by prior arrangement for a small supplement. Dog conditions available on request.
“What did I like about Azalea Lodge? It was spotlessly clean, smelt beautiful, was cosy and was well appointed. Very good size kitchen with quality fittings and crockery. Comfy beds had white covers and there were white fluffy towels in the bathroom. Plenty of hot water, a good size dining table and there was even a washing machine! The lounge was adequate in size but the easy chairs were rather size and comfort challenging! So, the accomodation was delightful, but the park and castle were more than a match! I love the grounds, at any time of the year and of course, Maria’s was a fantastic bonus. Picton castle lodges will always be a favourite of mine.” Guest, Azalea Lodge, May 2016
“A lovely peaceful cottage for a few days in glorious Pembrokeshire. It was a real delight to wander around the beautiful grounds of Picton Castle in the evening and pretend that I was the lady of the estate! The gardens are gorgeous. Altogether a great place to stay.” Guest, Magnolia Lodge, April 2016
“We had a really enjoyable stay at Azalea Lodge. The accommodation was perfect, cosy and comfortable with everything there we needed. Picton Castle didn’t disappoint and the gardens are really beautiful. There is so much to do in the area that I am sure we will make a return visit, sooner rather than later I hope. I can certainly recommend a visit.” Guest, Azalea Lodge, April 2016
Delicious take-home meals from Maria’s @ Picton, our Courtyard Restaurant & Deli (as available)
“Visitors staying at the Lodges enjoy free access to the award winning gardens throughout the period of their stay