Join Our Garden Group
If you’re a keen gardener why not become a member of our Garden Group and enjoy exclusive invitations to events and unique access to our wonderful woodland gardens. By becoming a Garden Group Member you will have access to :
- Garden Tours with the Head Gardener
- 10% Discount in Picton’s Gift Shop & Plant Sales
- Monthly Garden Group ‘Get Togethers’ covering a wide range of subjects
- NGS Open Days
- Decorate The Castle for Christmas
- Opportunity to assist at RHS Show Cardiff
- Halloween Pumpkin Carving
Membership also includes Season Membership Holder benefits of:
- Free entry to all other Picton special events (excluding Fundraising Events, ie Halloween and Christmas Fair)
- Free unlimited entry to the gardens and woodland
- Free guided tours around our medieval castle
- Free entry to our Galleries & Exhibitions
- Free entry to the National Botanic Gardens of Wale
- Discount on ticketed events
- Half Price Garden entry for your Guest
- 10% Discount on purchases at Picton Gift Shop and Plant Sales (min £5.00 spend)
Join our Gardening Group
If you would like to become a member of our Garden Group please give us a call or buy your Garden Group Membership online or if you would like to become one of our volunteers you can earn your FREE Season Ticket or FREE Garden Club Membership after just 50 hours of working in our wonderful castle and or gardens.
- All Garden Group meetings take place on Thursdays (generally the third one of each month). When at Picton, meetings will start at 10.00 am in the Restaurant or the Lecture Theatre. Both are accessed from the Courtyard. Instant coffee or tea will be provided – upgrades are available but will have to be paid for.
- Away meetings will start at 10.30 at the host site
- Further details or reminders for each meeting will be e-mailed to each member prior to the event
- Appropriate clothing for outdoors is recommended
- Members are very welcome to bring along to the Picton meetings any plants that they would be happy to swap with other members.
Visiting other gardens is hugely popular with our members and we have an exciting programme ahead of us all this year…
Become a Picton Garden Volunteer and all this could be FREE. Contact us for more details: 01437 751326.
About the Garden Group
Garden Group meetings take place on the third Thursday of each month and new members are always welcome. We’re a friendly bunch!
When meeting at Picton, we commence at 10.00am and meet either in Maria’s Restaurant and Deli or the Lecture Theatre and if we are making a trip beyond Picton, we meet at the host site 10.30am. We always try to keep members up to date, so we do e-mail reminders or further details for each meeting.
Waterproof clothing and boots are generally recommended! Entrance fees to other gardens and refreshments are rarely more than £5 – £10, but most people bring a little more cash, as often there are plants to buy. Also, unless you have a smart phone, cameras are useful as you invariably see a plant you want to identify or remember!
We are also delighted to say that we are more than happy for Members to bring along to meetings any plants which they would like to swap with others and if anyone has a particular subject, problem or technique that they would like help with in terms of a Q and A session, do let us know, and we can make sure we cover it at one of our coffee stops.
- Adults £39.00
- Seniors £31.00
Payment at the Castle
You can purchase your Garden Group Membership from the Picton Castle Gift Shop
Payment by Post
Download this Garden Club Membership Form 2017, print it out, complete it and post to us with payment.
Paying Online and by ‘Phone
Give us a call on 01437 751326
Discount of 10% off Membership Prices if you wish to pay by Direct Debit. Please contact us for a form.
All Purchases: You can purchase goods or tickets and pay online from the PaypPal site using either PayPal or a Credit or Debit card in which case no PayPal account is necessary.
Ticket Purchases: If you prefer to pay for tickets over the phone using a Credit or Debit card, please ring 01437 751326. The tickets will be posted to you if time permits, otherwise they can be collected at the ticket office on the night. Please note that tickets are non-refundable.
Season Ticket holders must add their card number under the "Additional information" section of the checkout form in order to receive their discount.
A CARD TRANSACTION FEE of £1.50 is added to each order. This shows as "Shipping" or "Postage and Packing" in your shopping cart or on PayPal.