The Gatehouse Lodges
We are pleased to offer two exceptional self-catering holiday properties which form part of the Picton Castle Estate.
- Perfect for couples, small families, wedding guests, and garden enthusiasts!
- Open throughout the year
- Delicious take-home meals from Maria’s Restaurant and Deli (as available).
- Visitors staying at the lodges benefit from free access to the award winning gardens throughout the period of their stay, a free guided tour of the Castle, free access to the Welsh Owl Garden and a 25% discount off the Mansion of Mystery escape room.
Adjacent to the grand main gateway, these 19th Century castellated lodges (Grade 2 Listed) have been renovated to the latest standards whilst retaining their historic appearance. The West Lodge is ideal for small families or couples with friends whilst the East Lodge is a perfect romantic retreat for couples. Both lodges can be taken together by larger groups. For example, mum, dad and the children in West Lodge, grandparents in the peace and quiet of East Lodge!
Two bedrooms, sleeps 4 (plus cot).
The accommodation comprises:
- Main Entrance, leading to Kitchen with electric oven / hob, microwave, fridge (with freezer box) dining table and chairs.
- Living Room with arm chairs and sofa, TV /DVD/CD player
- Bedroom 1: King size (5ft) bed. Space for cot if requested.
- Bedroom 2: 2 single (3ft) beds (compact size bedroom)
- Bathroom: Bath with shower over
- Lobby with storage /coat hanging space, leading to rear door
- Exterior. The front door faces the woodland drive to the castle. A paved terrace with picnic furniture surrounded by trees is at the rear. There is parking for up to two cars.
One double bedroom – sleeps 2 + 2 using a sofa bed in the living room (plus cot).
Accommodation as described above for West Lodge, except ONE bedroom with double (king-size) bed and with space for a baby’s cot. A double sofa bed is provided in the living room to sleep two (please request this arrangement in advance of arrival) . This property benefits from a wood burning stove.
- Both properties have full central heating.
- Bedding and towels are provided (beds made ready)
- There are no extra charges for the accommodation .
- A cot and a high chair can be provided if requested in advance.
- Well behaved dogs accepted by prior arrangement for a small supplement.
- Delicious take-home meals from Maria’s @ Picton, our Courtyard Restaurant & Deli (as available)
- Visitors staying at the Lodges enjoy free access to the award winning gardens throughout the period of their stay
For booking information and prices please check here https://www.pictoncastle.co.uk/holiday-cottages/east-west-lodge-prices-and-booking