The Gatehouse Lodges
We are pleased to offer two exceptional self-catering holiday properties which form part of the Picton Castle Estate.
- Perfect for couples, small families, wedding guests, and garden enthusiasts!
- Open throughout the year
- Delicious take-home meals from Maria’s Restaurant and Deli (as available).
- Visitors staying at the lodges benefit from free access to the award winning gardens throughout the period of their stay, a free guided tour of the Castle, free access to the Welsh Owl Garden and a 25% discount off the Mansion of Mystery escape room.
Adjacent to the grand main gateway, these 19th Century castellated lodges (Grade 2 Listed) have been renovated to the latest standards whilst retaining their historic appearance. The West Lodge is ideal for small families or couples with friends whilst the East Lodge is a perfect romantic retreat for couples. Both lodges can be taken together by larger groups.
Two bedrooms, sleeps 4 (plus cot).
The accommodation comprises:
- Main Entrance, leading to Kitchen with electric oven / hob, microwave, fridge (with freezer box) dining table and chairs.
- Living Room with arm chairs and sofa, TV /DVD/CD player
- Bedroom 1: King size (5ft) bed. Space for cot if requested.
- Bedroom 2: 2 single (3ft) beds (compact size bedroom)
- Bathroom: Bath with shower over
- Lobby with storage /coat hanging space, leading to rear door
- Exterior. The front door faces the woodland drive to the castle. A paved terrace with picnic furniture surrounded by trees is at the rear. There is parking for up to two cars.
One double bedroom – sleeps 2 + 2 using a sofa bed in the living room (plus cot).
Accommodation as described above for West Lodge, except ONE bedroom with double (king-size) bed and with space for a baby’s cot. A double sofa bed is provided in the living room to sleep two (please request this arrangement in advance of arrival) . This property benefits from a wood burning stove.
- Both properties have full central heating.
- Both properties have Wi-Fi internet
- Bedding and towels are provided (beds made ready)
- A cot and a high chair can be provided if requested in advance.
- Well behaved dogs accepted by prior arrangement for a small supplement.
- Delicious take-home meals from Maria’s @ Picton, our Courtyard Restaurant & Deli (as available)
- Visitors staying at the Lodges enjoy free access to the award winning gardens throughout the period of their stay
For booking information and prices please check here https://www.pictoncastle.co.uk/holiday-cottages/east-west-lodge-prices-and-booking