garden opening times
Picton Castle Gardens is open all year round with the exception of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Year’s Day. The Castle is available to view by guided tour only. Please note the Castle is closed to the public until 12th February. Maria’s restaurant is closed until 14th February.
The gardens may be closed on occasion due to adverse weather conditions, we advise you to check back here before you visit.
November-March: The gardens and Welsh Owl Garden & Zoo are open from 10.00 am- 4.00 pm daily
castle opening times 2022
Public tours will resume again from February 12th 2022. We will also accept group bookings from February onwards.
We have several specialist castle tours throughout February and March, please see our events page for more details.
Tickets to Picton Castle Gardens can either be purchased online by clicking on the link below, or on the day of your visit from the ticket office. Admission includes access to The Welsh Owl Garden & Zoo.
- Adults £4.50
- Seniors £4.00
- Children (5-15) £3.00
- Families (2 adults and 2 children) £14.00
- Children under 5 FREE
- Carers FREE
Click here to purchase a gardens only ticket https://www.pictoncastle.co.uk/product/daily-ticket
For more details on activities at The Welsh Owl Garden & Zoo please follow this link https://www.pictoncastle.co.uk/visitor-info/the-welsh-owl-garden-and-zoo
From April 2022, our discount for groups will only apply to 20 people or more.
Please click here for further information https://www.pictoncastle.co.uk/visitor-info/group-visits/group-visits
Partner Garden Schemes
We accept the following membership cards or entry to the gardens
- Historic Houses
- Art Fund
- Gardeners World two for one card
- There are 3 wheelchairs on site, which are available free of charge. Please inquire at the Ticket Office upon arrival.
- There are two disabled toilets on site – located in the toilet block near the Courtyard entrance, and the toilet block near the walled garden.
- The grounds are approximately 80% accessible to wheelchair users.
- Castle tours are fully accessible to wheelchair users and less able visitors. Please inform the ticket office when purchasing your ticket.
- Our Gift Shop, Galleries and Restaurant are all accessible
- Disabled parking is available in the main car park
Dogs on leads are welcome on site, with the exception of the Welsh Owl Garden & Zoo and the castle interior.